Sunday, November 7, 2010

November

I can't believe it is November already. Things have changed so dramatically for our family but still are the same.
Going back to work full time has thrown a loop in our household. I know it is necessary to get out of the debt that my medical bills from last year caused us. I also feel how important it is for mothers to be there when their kids get home. I feel that I have taken advantage of all the time I had with my kids when I did stay home. I hope that someday they realize that their mother loved them so much and she tried so hard to be there for them for whatever need they had. Enough whining for this posting.

I am so proud of Marlee. She is keeping so busy with her school work. She finished the first quarter with a 3.57 GPA. She had a C in Pre-calculus and a B in Chemistry that brought her grades down but she is amazing. She was able to swim in the district championship for her high school. She did not make it to state but she is awesome anyway. She is competing in National History Day for her school. She is hoping to go to Maryland in the spring for Nationals. We are planning on that as well. She also competes on an Acadeca team, is on the Parlimentary Procedure team and a member of HOSA. She is preparing the song "Mary, Did You Know" for her Christmas piano recital. I don't know how she does it all. She is crazy but very ambitious.

Noah is not doing as well in school as Marlee. He struggles from " I know all the info, so homework is not necessary. I will just get an "A" on the test". We are still looking for a remedy for that. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear about it. He is attending chess training with a National Chess Champion. He loves it. He is also preparing for his Christmas piano recital.

Oaklee is busy with 3rd grade. Her teacher loves her and all that she offers to class. She had all A's on her report card. She is already reading twice the amount of words that is required at the end of third grade so we are happy. She started piano this year and is doing amazing. She loves it and is speeding through her piano books. She will be doing two pieces for the recital. She is doing a gymnastics/jazz class and also started clogging this summer. Their first performance is December 3rd. We are really excited about it.

Wayne is working extremely hard at both his jobs. I don't know what I would do without him. He keeps me sane and is always there to lift me when I am struggling.

After my illness last winter, job change and surgery, I feel that I am doing what I am supposed to be. I started running, lost almost 50 pounds and am taking college classes towards a degree in Secondary Education.

Change is good, scary but good. If I keep saying that, it will come to pass.

No comments: